Christmas Movies Worth Watching
I have a small confession. Well, maybe it’s a big confession. I’m a woman, and I’ve never seen a Hallmark Christmas movie. With that being said, I am a fan of Christmas movies—both those that fall in the Christian and secular section.
If you’re in the mood for some Christmas cinema, here are few I would recommend this season.
- The Nativity Story: This is definitely not a movie for young children because it tends to be a bit slow, but it does cause me to consider what Mary and Joseph went through in their quest to be obedient to God’s plan for Jesus.
- It’s a Wonderful Life: Everyone should probably own this movie because it is the classic tale of someone who questions their purpose in life and discovers the people he affects.
- White Christmas: I do get a bit bored after the travelers arrive at the inn, but the music and dancing are timeless. I still want to wear the Christmas gown that Rosemary Clooney dons at the end.
- Elf: You either love it or hate it, but there’s just something innocent about this movie. And who doesn’t love a good adoption story?
- Jingle All the Way: This is just a good, fun movie that helps us understand the extremes parents will take for their children. Every dad needs to see this movie.
What Christmas movies does your family enjoy watching?