16 semi-bold predictions about what will (and will not) happen in 2016
I am not a prophet, and only God knows the future. That obvious thing being said, it seems like everyone is making predictions these days, so I will throw mine into the discussion ring. I have four predictions for four major topic areas in 2016.
- Alabama will not will the College Football National Championship.
- Clemson will win the College Football National Championship.
- The Golden State Warriors will not win the 2016 NBA Finals.
- The San Antonio Spurs will win the 2016 NBA Finals.
- Bernie Sanders will not win the Democratic Presidential nomination.
- Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic Presidential nomination.
- Donald Trump will not win the GOP Presidential nomination.
- Ted Cruz will win the GOP Presidential nomination.
- There will be a record number of same-sex marriages issued in American in 2016.
- There will not be as many landmark changes to marriage laws as there were in 2015 (i.e. same-sex marriage Supreme Court ruling) but more incremental change on a state level.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens will exceed $2 billion in revenue, a record that will stand for years.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens will not win an Oscar for best picture but will win for best musical score.
FAITH & THE CHURCH
- There will be more Southern Baptist-connected baptisms in 2016 than the past year in Oklahoma.
- The number will be more of Southern Baptist-connected church plants in 2016 than the past year in Oklahoma.
- The new atheists will issue even more attacks on Christianity, through books, movies and PR.
- In spite of increased atheist efforts, the number of people poll who claim to believe in God will go up, according to Pew Research Forum.
Some of these may come true. Many of these likely will not. Regardless, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8