It’s the first week of January, so technically it’s still a good time to make New Year’s resolutions. I’m trying to drink more water and eat less sweets in 2016. These are not easy for me. I much prefer the taste of sweet tea and a daily intake of chocolate. Maybe your New Year’s resolution is reading the Bible more consistently or memorizing more scripture. Today’s smartphones and apps make it easier to keep this resolution. Here are five apps to help you maintain a daily diet of God’s word—but there’s no guarantee it will help you lose weight.
- YouVersion: More than 200 million people have already downloaded this app so there’s a good chance you already have it on your phone. Whether you want to read the Bible or hear the Bible, there are reading plans to keep you accountable and ways to share your progress with others. There are lots of new features, including a way you can create scripture images and share them on social media, or text it to a friend.
- MemVerse: This app will allow you to work on scripture memory. Select the verses you want to memorize, load them into your profile and review the verse or verses at your own pace.
- She Reads Truth: Popular with women, you can download the app and read the daily Bible study or have it emailed directly to your inbox. There are beautiful images to help you learn scripture as well. Study packs and journals are available for purchase, and they are beautiful.
- First Five: Developed by Proverbs 31 Ministries, this app helps you connect to God’s Word the first five minutes of your day. Set your alarm with the app, and you’ll have a morning devotion waiting for you.
- Script: Bible Verse Wallpaper Creator: There are several apps that will help you create personal lock screens for your phone, but this is a free one that is easy to use. It’s available for iPhone and iPad devices.
You may have another favorite app that helps you stay in God’s word. Whatever it might be, stay consistent and allow God’s word to penetrate your mind and heart.