Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt
I have to admit, I’m one of those people that LOVES the fall and enjoy the tastes that come with it. I love the smells and sights, but most of all my favorite is everything pumpkin! Regardless of the time of year this is an amazing, healthy treat!
What you’ll need:
1 cup of Greek Yogurt
1 cup of Pumpkin Puree
1 tbsp Sugar or Honey
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
2-3 tbsp Skim Milk
How to make this tasty treat:
1. The easiest way is to put all of the ingredients into your ice cream maker and mix well.
1. If there’s no ice cream maker in sight, it’s time to be a little more creative. Put the first 6 ingredients together in a food processor or bowl and mix really well. Trust me – you don’t want a big bunch of the pumpkin pie spice!
2. Spoon the mixture into a bag and lay flat in the freezer. Freeze time will be roughly 2-3 hours.
3. After it’s frozen take out the bag and break the froyo apart.
4. Toss the broken up frozen pieces into a food processor or blender, adding the Skim Milk as needed, mix well.
If you’re happy with the consistency after one try, I recommend a spoon and a cup of coffee. If it’s not quite what you were thinking, repeat step two with the newly blended mixture.
This is such a wonderful, easy treat. You can adapt the recipe for any kind of puree or add in your favorite toppings.
What is your favorite healthy dessert?